Hanover weather

Saturday, January 15, 2011

12.2 miles around town


Today I ran 12.2 miles. It was my third run since Wednesday of 12 or more miles. My legs are tired. I was considering cutting back on the miles for this run because I was still sore but I figured the ultra is not going to be easy and thus I went my scheduled 12 today. My general rule and one that most support is that as long as the pain is not joint or sharp pain you can run. Since I'm just sore, I figured I could run. (I took in about 1 liter of water but 0 calories).

The foot seems to be getting better and I have a new theory about it. The old theory was running more helps. This did seem to apply but didn't make much sense. The new theory is that it was my newer pair of running shoes that was causing the problem. The last few days I have been wearing my older pair to protect the newer pair from the wet muddy snow and melt water. My right foot has hurt less and less over the last few days even as I have been running a bunch of miles. The only problem with this theory is the shoes (older and newer) are the same brand, model and size. The only difference is the color. I know it's not the color, so maybe there was a small problem when they made the newer pair. In any case, I am going to stick to the old pair for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment