Hanover weather

Saturday, January 22, 2011

12.2 miles

Today I ran 12.2 miles (goal: 12 +/- 0.5). I had my wife and son drop me off outside of town so I could try a new running area (miles 1-3). It was a decent area to run. I did have a very small dog try to attack me (just before mile 2) but got him good with a direct hit from the water bottle and that did the trick. It was almost funny (but only almost).

I don't feel like I have been recovering as well as I should be. It could be that this is the first training program that has me running more the 11 miles once a week (I'm doing that three times a week now). So it might just be more miles. It could also be that I am not eating exactly what my body needs right after a run. So I am going to be trying Hammer's "Recoverite" for the next few months. I'm going to use it for all runs of 10 miles or more (roughly three times a week right after the run).

I like their products because they don't put in any extra crap (e.g. coloring) and its vegan. I'm not vegan but feel better that knowing there are not random animal products in these products. I think the stuff is going to work so even if it doesn't "do" anything, I might get a decent placebo effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment