Hanover weather

Friday, January 21, 2011

14.8 miles, 0.5 of those with a dog.


Today I ran 14.8 miles (the goal was 15 +/- 0.5). It was cold (lower 20's). I think I'm starting to become more southern over time. It felt like my leg muscles were affected by the cold as I felt stiff but not in a sore muscle way. It wasn't an easy run. I was fairly tired by mile 11. I took in 1.2 liters of water and 90 calories via 1 gel.

The biggest event in today's run was a running partner for about a half mile. A dog ran out to me around mile 9. It was a average size dog, was not acting aggressive, and seemed to wearing one of those invisible fence collars and so I didn't really react. The dog just came straight out, turned and ran next to me for about 1/2 mile. He seemed to have a good time and it was sort of nice of him to run along with me. He headed home when we came to a T in the road.

I must not have hit full stop on my GPS program. I got an update saying I just hit 15 miles, so I guess I have walked 0.2 miles around the house in the last few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment