Hanover weather

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

17.3 miles



Today I ran 17.3 miles. I set out only knowing I was going to go more than 16 miles (my last "long" run). It was very cold and the roads and sidewalks made running hard. I probably should have worn long pants and not shorts (it's in the mid 20's). It looked warmer from inside the house.

I've been very hungry lately, even when running. The extra miles are having an effect on my diet. I ate solid food today during the run instead of gels. It is, in part, to save money (gels aren't that expensive it's just probably cheaper to eat normal food). I ate two plain flour tortilla shells (200 total calories) and took in 1.2 liters of water.

Up next: Thursday off, Friday about 13 miles to get 30 miles of midweek long run miles (17 and 13= 30). Next week's long run's will be about 15 miles each to also get to 30 miles of midweek long runs miles. The two week cycle after that will be 32 miles of midweek long runs (20 and 12; 16 and 16). Well, that's the plan anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment