Hanover weather

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

3 miles around complex with some hill repeats


Ran 3 miles this morning. It was 80 degrees, 78% humidity and sunny. I drank 0 liters of water, ate 0 calories and had 0 Endurolytes during the run. I had coffee and a banana before the run. This week is the first step back week on the schedule. A week with less miles than the previous week and a shorter long run. My midweek schedule is T-3, W-6, Th-3 with a weekend of Sat- 8 and Sun 6 miles. I was ok with a short run today anyway since I did not sleep well.

There is a water tower near our complex with a very steep hill leading up to it (around mile 1 on the map). So since I was only running three miles I figured it was a good day for some hills repeats up to the water tower. Our complex is built on to the side of a hill. All of the loops in my route are up and down the side of the hill. These are not major inclines (the water tower road is) but rather just small upslopes. It was a good workout overall, my eyes were stinging with salt by the end. I need a 70's style headband.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog inspired me to get the book "The Runner's World" - looks like a really informative guide to running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. You also might want to check out anything by Hal Higdon. I'm not big into having a guru but If I had to pick a running guru it would be Hal. I've read most of his books and they form the backbone of what I do.

    http://www.halhigdon.com/

    ReplyDelete