Hanover weather

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

3.25 treadmill miles

This workout was similar to previous Tuesday/Thursday treadmill runs with just a bit of a difference. I started at a warm-up pace of 9.3 setting (about 11:20 mile/min) and increased it one setting every 0.2 miles until I got to 6.3 (9:31 pace). I then walked for 0.1 miles to get a drink of Gatorade (0.59 liters, 130 calories) and change podcasts playing on my iPhone (it hooks into the treadmill speakers).

I started back up at a 6.3 pace and increased the pace one setting every 0.1-0.2 miles until I got to 6.7 (9 min pace) and held it there until I hit 3 miles. Once I hit the 3 mile mark I dropped back to a 6.0 setting (10 min pace) for 0.25 miles making 3.25 miles in all. I then walked an extra 0.25 miles to cool down.

This is one of the down miles week in my training plan (Hal Higdon's Intermediate two program week 6). I feel like I could run more but the idea is to have an active rest week every third week. It has worked well for me in the past (last two marathons with no injuries) so I will stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment