Hanover weather

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Half Marathon



I ran 13.2 miles (13 scheduled). It was 85 degrees and 74% humidity at the end of the run. It was overcast and mid 70's at the start moving to hazy and then sunny. I drank 3.6 liters of water and 1.18 liters of gatorade ( 130 calories). I took in 270 calories via 3 Hammer's Montana Huckleberry gels and took 4 Endurolytes (400 total calories).

I have been taking my pack with two sides bottles (1.2 liters total) and a Camelbak 3 liter bag within my pack for longer runs. However, this morning I didn't feel like carrying the extra 3 liters of water and took that out and replace it with two bottles of Gatorade. I did have to stop and refill my water bottles twice at local parks (miles 7 and 10) but it was worth it.

Picture taken between miles 3-4 on map.

Overall: It was about what I expected for a long run in the summer. It was hot and I was sweating a lot. My lungs did well and my legs did well for most of the run. I did feel like my legs were heavy during the last two miles. However, my pace during those last two miles was fine for a long run and faster than miles 9-11. My fastest mile was mile three. I was trying to start slow but somehow ran faster each of the first three miles before backing off a bit into a slow long run. I'm very ready for fall weather.

Tomorrow: 6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment