Hanover weather

Sunday, August 22, 2010

7.7 mile "swim"


I ran 7.7 miles today but it felt like I was running in water as my legs were sore/heavy/stiff and the humidity was 97%. I actually had a decent pace sub 10:00 for part of it. My water intake was 1.8 liters, I took 2 Endurolytes and I had one Hammer's Montana Huckleberry gel (90 calories). It was sunny at the start but ended overcast. (Photo taken yesterday at about mile 9 on that map and I ran on this path today).

The pre-run snack was water and a Mocha Clif shot gel (100 calories w/50 mg of caffeine). I forgot to grind coffee last night and didn't feel like waiting for my caffeine. The boy woke up again a lot and I tried to sleep a bit longer than normal (without luck).

I really wish I could have a run at 40-50 degrees after a good night's sleep to see where I stand. I know the heat/humidity is slowing me down some but I don't know how much. It seems like most of the time I slow it is due to overheating not my legs or lungs. It's possible I could be in much better shape to hit my target marathon pace (10:00/mile) than I know or maybe not. The good thing is it will cool off here in the fall and the marathon is not till November and in the northeast (philly) so I'll get a much better idea of what kind of marathon shape I am in during late Sept - Oct. Plus, I will get a full nights sleep the two days before the marathon as I'm hanging out at my Pop's house without the boy.

**Distance update: Today's run was exactly the same run I did on Wednesday without a GPS and reported it to be 7 miles and maybe 7.2. It is further from Starbucks to the park than I thought. I'm going to update that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment