Hanover weather

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Three treadmill miles

I ran 3 miles this morning on the treadmill. No calories or water during the run but coffee and a banana beforehand. Weather: still a bit humid inside but low 70's with two fans.

When looking for excuses to avoid running outside in the heat today I came up with the following: 1) My foot was very slightly sore this morning. 2) A wanted to run a bit faster 3) I'll need to run more midweek runs on the treadmill starting in two weeks when my wife starts her PhD program so I wanted to get warmed up on it.

It worked. It was nice to run without the heat and I easily went about 1:30-2 minutes faster per mile inside. My foot did not hurt at all running on the treadmill and does not hurt now. The makers of the treadmill claim it reduces the impact by up to 40% as compared to road running. I can believe it. We have the Sole F80. I can recommend it highly as a heavy runner and my light wife loves it too. It's rather quiet for a treadmill and well designed.

On tap: Zero miles tomorrow, 8 for Saturday and 6 for Sunday during this lower mileage week.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is great! I like reading it.

    Love, Your biggest fan

    ReplyDelete