Hanover weather

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

7.7 miles

(I update the distance in the title of this post a few days later when I ran the same route with my GPS iphone. )

I ran about 7 miles outside this morning. It was 78 degrees and 99% percent humidity. I drank 1.2 liters of water and took 2 Endurolytes and 100 calories (cliff shot razz gel). There was not evaporation cooling from the sweat. My wife asked if I got rained on when I got back but it was just sweat.

I thought it might rain so I didn't take my GPS iphone. I know it's five miles if I run to Starbucks and back and I ran a 1 mile loop at the park. I'm fairly sure it's about a half mile to the park from Starbucks and thus the run was about 7 miles. I may have gone 7.2 as I added a little extra just to be sure.

It was a good pace run. I tried to go 15-30 seconds per mile faster than what would have been a natural pace. I did get a quick Side Stitch that caused me to walk for about a tenth of a mile. However, it went away and I was back off. It was a bit odd because I rarely get them.

It feels like I am now into the thick of the training. I feel like I'm really training for running when I run 7 miles or more 3 days a week.

Up tomorrow: 3 miles; Friday: 0 miles; Saturday: 14 miles; Sunday: 7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment