Hanover weather

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Monthly review for Aug

In Aug I ran about 135 miles, an increase from the 114 miles in July. My weekly milage totals for each week ending in Aug were: 32.9, 26.5, 32.3, 36.8, and 28.3 for each of the Sunday night's in Aug. The number I like to follow the most is a moving thirty day total (see graph):

As of Aug 1st my previous thirty total was 116 miles and was 128 miles on the 31st of Aug. The program I am following for the Nov 21st marathon builds to a maximum 30 day total of 200 miles for one day on Oct 17. The thirty day total is a bit low right now since I ended Aug with one of the down mileage weeks. My 30 day total jumps up to 152 in just 5 days.

My resting heart rate today was 58 (30 seconds x 2). It was 62 a month ago. I don't know if it actually decreased or if I just measured it at the right time but it's nice to see a decrease.

Review: It was good month again as I had fun, did not get hurt, increased my fitness and was not sick at all. It was really hot in Aug and I'm glad it's starting to cool off. The only real problem day was just a few days ago when wet socks caused me to develop a blister on my right foot and I cut two miles off a run. It's nice that I can finally do some running at marathon pace or faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment