Hanover weather

Sunday, August 15, 2010

7.1 miles


I ran 7.1 miles this morning (6 scheduled). It was 80 degrees, 80% humidity and overcast. I took my handheld water bottle (0.6 liters) and filled it up 3.5 times for 2.1 liters of water intake. I took two Endurolytes and one GU gel (100 calories). I was not planning on eating the gel but felt out of energy at mile 3 (not sore, just tired). I'm not sure if it was mental, physical or both but that gel kicked in about a half mile later and my energy level was up. It may have just taken that long to wake up but I'm giving the gel the credit. (photo above of downtown Franklin around 8 a.m)

I made a deal with myself around mile 5 that if I walked for about an 1/8 of a mile, I would run an extra mile and try to do that last mile much faster. It worked. My last mile was the fastest outdoor mile for me in a long time. I was not trying to go as fast as possible just much faster than normal. I was not sore at all from yesterday's run and that surprised me a bit. The lack of sore feelings in my legs may be due in part to a great meal last night. My wife made sustainable harvest Salmon, organic Quinoa and organic Spinach. I had a carbonated water with it (it makes me think I'm having a beer).

Up tomorrow: Zero miles



1 comment:

  1. That's a good-looking meal! You must have a great wife.

    ReplyDelete