Hanover weather

Sunday, October 3, 2010

10.1 miles with some "speed"


I ran 10.1 miles around the town this morning. I took in 1.2 liters of water and 270 calories via three gels. I forgot to record the temperature and humidity when I got back but an hour later it was 51 degrees and 60% humidity. It was chilly the first 5-7 miles.

I expected this run to be slow since I ran 20 yesterday. I told my wife an estimate for me getting back based on a 12 minute pace. However, after the first mile I had a pace just over ten minutes per mile. I slowed on purpose for the next mile thinking I would never be able to run 10 miles at that pace. However, I felt good so I just went for a faster run.

The average pace on this 10 mile run was 10:32 per mile. This is fast for me given the 20 mile run yesterday and the 40 miles run this week. I'm not sure why I was able to run faster than expected but I think the most likely cause was the chilly weather. It's wasn't a good night sleep as the last three nights have not been great. Perhaps it was the single beer I had last night.

2 comments: