Hanover weather

Saturday, October 30, 2010

20 Miles around town


This morning I did my last twenty miler before the marathon. I used Gu gels since that's what the marathon will have at aid stations. I set out to run this one with an overall average pace of about 10:30 per mile but I ended up with a 10:16 per mile average. So each of the twenty milers was done at a faster overall pace than my last one. I was really happy about today's pace because for some reason (not data supported) I was feeling really out of shape. I took in 3.4 liters of water, 2 endurolytes, and 500 calories via 5 Gu gels.

My first and last mile were both under 10. I'll needed to be careful in the marathon not to go out to fast. I'm not looking to blow my last time in the marathon out of the water. My simple goal is to beat that time or just get close to it. I'm really using this marathon as a step towards my first ultra. I'm not going to push super hard unless I find myself in the lead after 20. I don't want to be sore for more than a few days.

Overall: It was a really good run and I had fun.
Notes: I got new shoes (same brand and size) today after the run. Photo above from a new little path I found around mile 9 on map below.



No comments:

Post a Comment