Hanover weather

Saturday, October 2, 2010

20 miles around town


I ran 20 miles this morning. It was sunny, 72 degrees and 33% humidity at the end of the run. I took in 3.0 liters of water and 1.9 liters of Gatorade (400 calories). I took 3 Endurolytes and 4 gels (390 calories, 3 Gu and 1 Hammer). The photo was taken around mile 14 on the map.

It was a good run but my legs were tired and heavy at the end. My last 20 miler had an average pace of 11:48 and this one was 11:12 per mile. The cooler weather helped in the first 10 miles or so. I also took a new path from mile 5-12. A new path always help. It was a country road but there was more traffic than I expected. I probably will not take that path again unless it's Sunday morning.

I'm not sure anymore if Gatorade helps or hurts. My stomach feels a bit off after Gatorade. I think I'll do the next 20 miler just on water, gels and Endurolytes.

Up next: 10 miles tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment