Hanover weather

Friday, October 1, 2010

Monthly review for Sept


In September I ran about 175 miles, an increase from the 135 miles in Aug. My weekly mileage totals for each week ending in Sept were: 32.5, 41.2, 51.0, and 34.0 for each of the Sunday nights in the month. The number I like to follow the most is a moving thirty day total (see graph):

As of Sept 1st my previous thirty total was 136 miles and was 175 miles on the 30th. The program I am following for the Nov 21st marathon builds to a maximum 30 day total of 200 miles for one day on Oct 17.

Review: The month started a bit rough with a larger blister on my right foot that resulted in foot pain from me walking on it oddly. However, it appears I did the right thing by cutting the mileage that week and taking a day or two extra off (see the drop in the plot line in early Sept.) The weather is now much better and the long runs can get at my lungs and legs verses just dealing with overheating. It was a good month again, as I increased my fitness, had fun and ended the month feeling good (no pain anywhere).

Upcoming: Oct is the thick of my training plan. Twenty mile long runs followed by 12 miles the following week. I'll get three runs of 20 miles in this month, starting with one tomorrow morning. These runs should give me a much better idea of where I stand pace wise for the Marathon. Right now, I have no real idea where I stand since I still have three 20's to run and most of my long runs to date have been done in the heat. My last marathon pace was 10:28 five years ago. I'm around that number but I could see me running this one within 30 seconds of that pace on either side (slower or faster). Speed is not my primary goal in running by any means but it's how marathons are measured.

No comments:

Post a Comment