Hanover weather

Monday, October 11, 2010

12.1 miles in Amish country PA




I was back in PA for a high school reunion this weekend. Drank lots of beer and hung out with a Army/high school buddy so the diet and sleep took a back seat. It was fun. I did run Saturday as schedule in the morning somehow and had a good average pace for me (10:45) factoring in the beer, travel and poor diet.

I took in about 1 liter of water and 100 calories via one gel during the run. This run had many more hills than I normally run but that was good as I got to work on running up hills and got some good downhill speed in. I wanted to run 6 miles out and back but around mile 5 three Amish German shepherd mixes ran into the road ahead of me to claim it. I decided not to make their day and just turned around.

Photo: Above from mile marker 1 and below from around mile marker 2 on the map.




1 comment:

  1. Good decision to turn around - those Amish dogs are mean and like to chew on the English.

    ReplyDelete